Scott, Samantha and Me

Scott, Samantha and Me
Scott, Samantha & Me

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Green Acres



It starts like this...

Scott: Hey, Padg. I have good news. I just checked online and The Green Acres Motel and ...

Padgett: (Interupts) Spa! The Green Acres has a spa!?!

Scott: (Erupts in laughter) No, The Green Acres Motel and RV PARK has Internet access.

Padgett: (Sad face) Ohhhhh.

FAST FORWARD >>> We got back from Red Cloud, Nebraska late Sunday night. Like you, Red Cloud was not on my "Top 10 Places to Visit" list. I was less than thrilled about traveling 13 hours each way to spend three nights at The Green Acres Motel. The trip however turned out to be wonderful and well worth the travel! I was reminded during my time there that the most amazing part of any town or trip are the people you encounter. The people of Red Cloud are dynamic and entertaining. I am grateful to have experienced them and their lovely town. Long live the G.A.!

2 comments:

  1. I love pleasant surprises! Referencing what you said about the people; Glad you had fun. People make the world go 'round you know...

    "But that's what makes the world go `round
    The up and down, the carousel
    Changing people, they'll go around
    Go underground, young man
    People make the world go `round" ~The Stylist

    That said... Come on, let's go to a spa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and YOU are one of the special people in MY life that makes the "round and round" so worth living.

    Happy Early 30th Birthday, Jen!

    ReplyDelete